Boy, have we been busy. Getting ready for the boy of course. Only 7 more weeks, which feels like an eternity, but it will be here before we know it.
We finally purchased a glider for the room, and it is starting to look more and more complete. Our accent wall of squares turned out great, I love the dark furniture, my sweet hubby made some awesome floating shelves that look like they were crafted by a professional, and the bedding is just plain adorable.
Pictures to come soon, promise.
We had our family in town last weekend and I had my first shower. It was so much fun! I'm not a huge fan of opening gifts in front of a bunch of people, but all the cute little baby boy stuff definitely makes me smile:). I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.
Our childbirth classes are going great. It's nice to hear what to expect (somewhat) and getting my brain prepared for what's to come. This week, we talked all about labor and delivery and the stages you go through. Did you know there is a whole stage dedicated solely to delivering the placenta? I didn't.
Get this...
There is a couple in our class that wants to keep the placenta. The teacher said to bring a cooler of ice to the hospital to take it home in.
Utter craziness, I say.
Sorry, I am not an advocate. In fact, I just think it's plain weird. I have actually heard of people keeping these in their freezers. Why!? Imagine reaching in for some frozen chicken and accidentally pulling out your placenta.
Bump Check...ready go!
How far along: 33 weeks
Size of Baby K (according to Baby Center):
4 pounds, 17 inches.
Fruit/vegetable comparison
(according to Baby Center): Weighs as much as a pineapple
Total weight gain: I had a doctor appt on Tuesday and I have only gained 23 pounds! I was pretty happy to hear this because I truly thought it was more. At my shower, we played a little game, and someone guessed 15. LOL, this is why I love my friends:)
Sleep: Pretty much terrible this week, but Tylenol PM has helped tremendously the past two nights. I just can't seem to get comfortable. And if I wake up to go to the bathroom, it takes me hours to start snoozing again.
Movement: Active. I'm starting to get better at knowing whether it's his head, butt or foot when a bump protrudes from my belly. It's pretty surreal.
Unglamorous body changes: Eating is getting hard. I eat extremely slow and even if I don't eat much, I feel like I devoured a cow. Oh, and I'm also starting to get the "growth" line. It's not super dark, but I hear it goes away.
Food cravings: This isn't a food, but lots of ice water. Did I mention I didn't like ice in my water before?
What I miss: Wine and cute clothes.
Strange experiences: I had a hair appt and drove to my stylist's old salon. The salon she left about 2 years ago. Pregnancy brain at its finest!
Milestones: He's starting to lose the wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening.
Best moment this week: Sitting in the new glider and just looking around the nursery imagining him here. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment