July 29, 2012

Finisher

Well, I finished! And it actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

Sure, doing a triathlon 8-months post baby and not training for it definitely kicked my rear end, but my finish times were better than the first time I participated in this same Tri in 2009.


Swim: 10:17
Transition 1: 2:56
Bike: 36:13
Transition 2: 2:18
Run: 30:19
Overall time: 1:22:03

I'm proud of my times. Of course I could have done better and pushed myself harder. But, as my coworker said right before we jumped into the water, "We aren't trying to have a baby today. We aren't going to push that hard." Ha.


I had a little hiccup in the bike portion when my paper number flew off and got stuck in my gears. I had to stop twice on the course to pull out paper, and my gears still didn't work properly the rest of the race. For a few minutes, I thought there was a chance I wouldn't be able to finish.


But I did, and it felt damn good.

There were 1,000 participants this year. One thousand! A sea full of 1,000 purple swim caps, 1,000 bikes, and 2,000 feet ready to hit the pavement.

It was exhilarating. Inspiring. Uplifting. A familiar feeling from 2010 and 2009.

I'm so glad I went through with it and didn't chicken out. It crossed my mind considering my lack of training, but I was determined to just get out there and do my best.

I'm proud of myself.

And my boys are proud of their mama.


All my boys were there to cheer me on. Even Jake.:)




8 Comments:

All About Aiden... Always! said...

Congrats girl!! That is soooo awesome!!! I hope you celebrated :)

Unknown said...

All I have to say is... you are AMAZING! I could never do that. I can't run. It's just a fact.

Megan said...

Yay you!!! That's pretty fantastic, and I can't believe you didn't train at all. Nice work :)

Megan Casey said...

Way to go Krista! That is amazing! Congrats!

Lauren Grier said...

Major high-five!!! So proud of you!!!!

Gina's Blog said...

You go girl!!! You should be soooo proud of yourself...I got tired just from reading this :)

Vanessa said...

Wow, you are pretty much superwoman. Congratulations!!!

Jamie said...

Way to go Krista! I think triathalons look so fun, but I for real cannot swim. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...