Life with little ones can be hectic.
Mornings are consumed by "do this, do that, let's go" nagging, while rushing around the house like a crazy person to simply get out the door on time.
Sometimes I shout and get frustrated.
Like any stressed mommy does.
I try not to rush him or hurry him along. Because I want him to learn in his own way.
We're in that phase where everything is, "I do it!" as mama's patience is tested each and every time.
I'm constantly stopping myself to breathe and let him do it his way...getting himself dressed, making my coffee with the Keurig (his favorite), putting on his jacket, carrying the groceries...taking his time.
It happens more often than not.
I'm late to work. Things are forgotten. Lights don't get turned off. Leftover yogurt doesn't get wiped from his cheeks. He's dropped off at school without shoes on. He's screaming. I'm frazzled.
We're both exhausted by 8:00 AM. If only we had more time.
Sure, we have better days than others, and there are weekdays where I question how we made it out of the house so smoothly.
But weekends are what we live for.
Time to play outside, make forts, help mommy and daddy with housework, paint and color, build towers out of Tupperware, run and jump, and play in the fall leaves.
It's our time together.
Time where no rushing is necessary.
Time for play, giggles, adventure, learning, rough-housing and pure joy.
Time to forget the mom guilt and enjoy sleeping in, pancakes for breakfast, hangin' in our PJ's all day long, and sliding into leaves head first.
Because all that matters, is making the most out of the time I have with him.
The kind of time that stops us in our tracks, and makes us realize what life is really about.
We're looking forward to a four-day weekend with family. Happy Thanksgiving friends!
















2 Comments:
Love this! I'm glad I'm not the only mom that is ready to call it a day at 8:00am! Lol! The photos are adorable and thanks for the reminder to slow down and let him do it. :)
He is so stinkin cute!!
Post a Comment