February 21, 2010

Weekend Whereabouts

Dear snow,
I absolutely despise you. I would be completely content with never seeing you again. Please melt away, stop falling and stay off the streets. We have seen enough of you this season.

Over it,
Krista

Seriously!? When is this weather going to let up? I have never seen so much snow in my life. A snowfall doesn't even have time to melt before another comes piling down. Geez.

This weekend was pretty busy for us. Friday night we spent the evening watching a movie. We have Netflix, so we see our fair share of movies. This time, we happened to have Paranormal Activity. I don't really know why we wanted to see this, but it was pretty pointless and scary. I had my face covered about half the time.

Saturday, we did stuff around the house during the day and then headed to a friends house to watch the Cats play. Nice win for us! After the game, we went to Danny's out south to watch Missing Kaufman's first gig. For anyone that doesn't know, Missing Kauffman was started by Jeremy Graham (Roback's boyfriend) and Ryan Epstein and they are a two-man cover band. Look them up on facebook and become a fan. They did great and we had a lot of fun!!

Sunday was spent going to Church and house cleaning. I decided to tackle the much needed dusty cabinet tops in the kitchen. I have a bunch of decorative vases and knick-knacks up there too that get really dusty. Not fun, but glad it's done!! This is me standing on top of the kitchen counter and Brian took a pic from down in the living room.

We went to church twice today. Brian was recognized at morning mass for his upcoming baptism and confirmation (he has been going through the RCIA classes since last September). Then, we attended the Rite of Reconciliation in the evening. Very nice service where all parishes in Johnson County gathered with the Archbishop present to recognize baptism and RCIA candidates. I am so proud of my husband for taking this journey and look forward to supporting him on Easter when he confirms the catholic faith into his life!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...