November 15, 2010

Dig Deeper

My motivation to workout has been extremely nonexistent lately. To be candid, I haven't had a true workout since I finished my triathlon back in August. Sad I know.

And I'm not really counting biking because other than the BikeMS ride and a few long training rides, I didn't overdo myself or anything.

I would love to say that taking Jake for walks/runs counts, but it really doesn't when both you and your lazy, out of shape dog can't handle anything more than a mile of running.

So, since I've been feeling soft around the edges, I had this bright idea to workout tonight.

Due to the depressing, way-too-early sunsets, I decided to just mosey down to the gym at my work. Trying to decide what to do -- elliptical, run, weights, -- I stumbled across Insanity.

I'm sure you have heard of this program. It's quite popular. I have heard about it, talked to several people about it, but have never been crazy enough to try it out.

For some reason, I thought I would give it a whirl. I thought to myself...

What do I have to lose?
I might as well start it off with a bang.
I mean, c'mon, the CEO and President of my company do this everyday (not kidding). And I'm way younger than them, I can totally handle this.

Let me just go ahead and say that I have no intentions of strictly adhering to this program. I'm not much of an every day worker-outer, and P90x only lasted about 2.5 weeks for me. I like programs such as these simply for the good workouts.

So, I popped in the DVD, and hoped the next 45 minutes wouldn't be hell.

Boy, was I wrong. I was so very wrong.

Dig Deeper. That's what Shaun T was asking me to do.

The only answer I had for him was, "This is absolutely insane. Screw this."

And that was only the first DVD of the program. The people in the video couldn't even keep up without looking like they were going to die.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did it, and might consider trying another one, but it is INSANE!

In my opinion, at least 10 times harder than P90x.

Well, Shaun T, thanks for pushing me to dig deeper tonight. I was sweaty. I was exhausted. And I hated you.

But, for now, I will enjoy digging deeper into my carton of Haagen-Dazs Fat Free Raspberry Sorbet. Yes, please.

3 Comments:

heather said...

Ha! This made me laugh! Good luck with the workouts - I've heard those are more than intense!

Mrs. Ruby said...

First of all, you are INSANE for trying INSANITY. Secondly, don't be so silly - You comment on my lil' ol' blog as much as you'd like. There is nothing weird about that...that's the whole point of blogging! ;)

Unknown said...

My boss and his wife are doing Insanity and it sounds crazy! I have been doing another set of Beachbody workout DVDs that I actually really enjoy- started with Turbo Jam and now onto Turbo Fire...it's like kick boxing, cardio with some lifting/toning in there as well! You should give that a try!! But yes, ice cream is always better :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...