February 13, 2011

Weekend Recap Countdown

It's Sunday, which means tomorrow is Monday and time to go back to work. Blah.

However, I'm looking forward to warmer weather and glad to see some of this ugly snow finally melting away. C'mon sunshine, I need some Vitamin D and my car is in dire need of a good wash.

I had a great weekend. My usual relaxing Friday night while Brian went to happy hour, some retail therapy and my allotted one-night out a weekend. What can I say, I'm old.

Ok, time for a weekend countdown.

5: the number of movies I watched this weekend
The hubs doesn't really like chick flicks all that much, so I took full advantage while he was at happy hour. Oh, did I mention I "rented" all of these from the public library for free? Awesome.

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 - I loved the first one, so I had to see the second. Cheesy and very typical, but I liked it:).
Valentine's Day - Cute. Glad I never saw it in theaters. Enjoyed all the stars that were in it.
The Other Boleyn Girl - Watched on Saturday afternoon. A little slow, but good.
The Secret Life of Bees - Really enjoyed this one. A feel good movie with a touching story line.
Machete - Only lasted 15 minutes before we turned it off. And that's 15 minutes I will never get back. SO stupid. Anyone see this movie? Should we have given it longer? Does it get better?

4: the number of hours I spent at the mall
I haven't spent this long at the mall in ages! I normally dread the mall because of the crowds, but this trip was pretty successful. My friend and I went with a planned itinerary, but got sucked in by the retail therapy. I just love shopping with the girls!

3: the number of sandwiches ordered at Jimmy Johns at 2 am
We drove to Lawrence on Saturday night to see some high school friends that were in town. The night would not be complete without late night grub. Duh.

2: the number of seconds I was away from knocking this bia out at Dillards
We were simply browsing fragrances when we were bombarded by a crazy sales lady. I told her three times we were "just looking" and she still insisted on trying to sell me a damn gift set. It was seriously exhausting and totally annoying. Change your approach lady and you might actually sell something.

1: the number of baskets KSU lost by
Can you believe the outcome of that game? McGruder's last second winning 3-pointer...so we thought. So disappointing.

I'm now watching the Grammys. I missed Gaga's and Bieber's performances, I'm sad. I have always liked Lady A, but seriously, I feel like they are so overdone.

I'll leave you with some pics from Saturday night.

My friend Sarah from high school
Me and Mark
Janea aka Sha-nae-nae.
This girl is hilarious. Check out her over sized lighter that she bought so she would notice if anybody tried stealing it. Only her!
Love me some Jimmy.



3 Comments:

Callie said...

I'm in love with this post!! #2 cracks me up and #1 makes me super sad all over again :(

Lauren Grier said...

Those ladies at Dillards are crazy!! I would have totally gone Wayne Brady on her and smacked a b**ch.

I agree with Callie...Saturday still hurts. I am not looking forward to this evenings game:(

Jamie said...

I think tonight completely erased my memory of Saturday's game. :)

Cute cute pics! I haven't seen Mark in forever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...