The good news is that we are making some super-duper progress on Baby K's nursery. The trim and walls are painted and complete, we are just working on the accent wall. We hope to finish it up this weekend.
Brian loves taking these kind of pics.
The color on the wall looks gray in this photo, but I promise it's not. It's a muted blue. Brian thought it would come out looking gray, but he confirmed that I was right with the paint choice this time!The furniture has also arrived, but is still sitting in the garage. I can't wait to see Brian put the crib together! He's pretty handy, but let's hope for an easy-peasy process. He had some struggles collapsing an exer-saucer we purchased from Heather's co-worker. I think every cuss word in the book was used before he finally figured it out.
Another thing we have been tackling is trying to find daycare for our sweet little man. It is much harder than I thought it would be. If you want your child in the best daycare centers, simply sign up for another hefty monthly mortgage payment. Seriously, these centers charge $1,200 - 1,400 per month. It's just crazy.
Ok, how about a 29-week bump update?
How far along: 29 weeks
Size of Baby K: I'm now convinced this has been off all along. According to babycenter.com, Baby K is 15 inches long and 2.5 pounds. But according to the sonogram I had yesterday at my appointment, he is more than 3 pounds. Probably explains why he is in the 70% percentile. The technician said this was a nice size!
Fruit/vegetable comparison (according to Baby Center): Butternut Squash.
Total weight gain: 24 pounds, yikes. I think the average is 25-35 pounds. Hoping it slows down some:)
Sleep: Last night = horrible. Woke up at 2:30 to pee and couldn't get back to sleep until 4:30. Oh and the back pain is back, boo.
Movement: I'm his punching bag and I'm perfectly ok with that. I love feeling him move around in there so much.
Unglamorous body changes: Same as before, but bending over is harder than ever. It's even hard to get up off the floor from sorting laundry or putting on tennis shoes.
Food cravings: This past week was Chicken salad sandwiches (had one 3 different times for lunch) and sweets! Thanks to the baby shower and wedding I attended this past weekend.
What I miss: Cute clothes that make you feel sexy and being able to wear heels without your feet feeling like they were put through a meat grinder.
Strange experiences: All the lovely comments I have received lately from people including strangers. Post to come about this!
Milestones: His muscles and lungs are maturing and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain.
Best moment this week: Finding out that he has hair! The sonogram tech pointed it out to us. I was balled until I was one, so I am really hoping for Baby K to have hair still when I deliver:).



4 Comments:
oooh LOVE that polka dot top... SOOO cute!! Looking great as always!!
Amen to the daycare dilemma... it is SOOO expensive. But we have to have the best for our babes right??!! ;) I keep trying to convince Mike its just not worth me working... but no luck yet. Aiden is TWO and its still outrageous $$$$. What can ya do...
Your lookin so dang cute!
I can't wait to see the finished accent wall!
Is it just me or does Brian look super Asian in the second picture? Of course you look spectacular Krista.
Post a Comment