Even with all the prep at night...bathing, washing and filling bottles, packing my lunch and Carson's school bag, and prepping the coffee maker), I still manage to have something go wrong.
Two days ago, in the midst of trying to accomplish my new morning ritual, (wake up, shower and get ready, feed Jake, wake up Carson, feed him, change into dress clothes, brew coffee, eat breakfast and somehow manage to get out the door), I experienced "working mom syndrome" at its finest.
I pranced into the kitchen eager to brew my daily cup of coffee. I was a coffee drinker before the little monkey, but I'd say my desire for it has changed.
It's no longer something I want, it's something I need.
Since I am now the epitome of an organized mom {insert sarcasm}, I prepare my coffee the night before, so all I have to do is simply press the button on the Keurig maker and walk away hoping to come back to a nicely fresh cup of joe.
So here I am that morning, thinking I'm doing pretty good with time. Let's face it, I walked into work after 8:00 four out of the five days last week. As I go back for my coffee, I realize I made a huge mistake.
I forgot to put a coffee mug under the spout.
All. Over. The. Counter.
And the floor. And the side of the cabinet, where I can't clean because the fridge is there.
Like I said, Mommy Syndrome at its best. Other episodes this week include forgetting some bags at the grocery store, forgetting to check Carson out at daycare (electronic system), living in dirt because it has been that long since I have cleaned my house, and showing up to work with spit up on my dress clothes.
But, the truth is, I love my life. I love my chaotic, crazy, busy, just barely succeeding life.
Because all that matters is that this little booger stays happy and healthy.
He just lights up my world. And always reminds me of Daddy.
Like in this picture, all I see is my hubby. Good thing he is a cutie.
Daddy is home this weekend. YAY! We picked up Big Boy from school early and spent the day together. I'm thankful for dual parenting again:).
Happy Friday!
Carson is down for the night, so we are drinking wine and watching Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Enjoy your weekend blog friends.






3 Comments:
Gosh that is one cute kid! I have failed to place a mug under my Tassimo too. And I only have a dog to worry about!
You are not only succeeding at being a mom, but at being a partially being single parent!
How cute is Carson! His expressions are ridiculously cute! He is clearly one happy baby :)
He is SO stinking cute!!!
And you are a great mom, my dear!
Post a Comment