March 22, 2010

The Use of Reply All

Annoying. Unnecessary. Overused. That pretty much sums up the use of reply all.

I had an instance today with this wonderful little feature in email that really got to me, so I decided to blog about it.

So, I'm on this committee at my company where we help to plan fun events, philanthropy campaigns, community involvement, etc. Well the person that heads up the committee sent out an email to the other 11 committee members to ask something about this bowling event we have Friday.

What happened after that was a string of 21 (I just counted them) pointless emails that just really made me mad. Numerous people's opinions flying everywhere that were really dumb. What goes through ones mind when replying to an email with a ton of people on it again, and again and again? I just don't understand it. Don't get me wrong, there's certain times when reply all is appropriate, but not about pointless crap that most don't care about.

Excuse my anger and frustration, I have a busy week ahead and today was a typical undesirable Monday. ugh.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...