January 24, 2011

Wee Wee Weeeeeeee!

[Just like the Geico commercial.]

That's what I was shouting this weekend as I went sliding down a huge hill on a snow sled. Well, let's be honest, the wees only came out after the screams of complete fear had vanished.

When we first arrived at the Shawnee Slopes, we hesitated our pre-determined "great idea" the night before over dinner and drinks of going sledding, with second thoughts almost taking over.

We all stood at the top of the hill, sleds in hand, and watched as tiny little youngsters would get a running start, and send themselves barrelling down the hill mountain head first, with not a fear in the world. Fearless.

I like to think of myself as an adventurous person. But this time was a bit different. I think our whole group (with the exception of Matt) were contemplating our great idea. The hill was a bit steep, and showed some flaws.

Visible patches of grass and mud showing it's obvious excessive use over the past few days and bumps you couldn't avoid hitting. Not to mention the swarms of little tikes all over the place.

The thought process of me sledding at 10 years-old was quite different than the thoughts coming from this almost 27-year old.

The many what ifs about crashing into a child, aches and pains the next day, possible broken bones, injuring a child, not being able to get out of bed the next morning, getting yelled at by a parent after almost hitting their child...you get the drift.

But, we all got over our fears and spent the afternoon drowning our sorrows of the KSU game by sledding. It was so much fun! Even Jake got to partake in the activity. What a great way to wear out the pup!

Cole and Abby
 Getting up the courage to go down the hill.
Matt went first and broke his sled:)

Love this pic. Abby's face proves how much fun we were having!
Me and B. Jake just hanging out.
Jake following every sled down the hill
The Gals
Matt and Heather
Fearless Matt dodging a little girl


Heather and Matt getting some air
Yep, that's Brian and Matt on the tube together. B catching some air.
Love their smiles:)
 

Heather Prepping Jake and Brian to go.
Down they go!
Wee Wee Weeeeeee!
Watch out for the kid!



There's definitely one thing I can say about sledding as a big kid. It's not as easy to get up the hill as I remember.

We counted it as our workout for the day.

1 Comments:

Callie said...

Great pics! So fun! I totally would have wiped out a kid...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...