June 14, 2012

Capturing the Changes

Life is busy.

The crazy, pull-your-hair-out kind of busy.

And I'm revisiting my single mom days this weekend because the husband will be out of town. Not for work. For play.

Twenty five guys at the lake of the Ozarks for a bachelor party. Over Father's Day.

Good thing he packed Pedialyte. Seriously, he really did. I'll let you know how it works for him. He's going to need it if it's anything like his recent 30th birthday party.

I wasn't aware just how far behind I actually was on blogging until I downloaded pics from my camera for the first time in a few weeks.

Geez, I take a lot of photos.

How can I not? When I have this little booger as my model?


Me, always pulling out the camera not to miss one single moment of my changing boy. Snap, Snap, Snap.

And times that by a hundred for each sitting. Seriously, I'm a crazy person. What is a mom to do with thousands and thousands of photos?

As I sift through these thousands of photos I capture, I wonder how a mom can take so many pictures of her child just sitting there. I try to delete them, but can only manage a handful.

I hesitate, and stop, and question...whether I really want to press down my index finger making the photo disappear forever. Our memories vanished.

It's quite the dilemma for me I tell ya.

I know every mom says this, but I can't believe how fast he is growing up.


It feels like just yesterday he was wearing this outfit. One of my faves.

He couldn't sit up. He wouldn't turn in the direction of sound. He wasn't eating real food. He wasn't pooping real poops.

He wasn't yet antagonizing Jake.

 
He wasn't going outside as much because his mama was worried about his precious skin.


He wasn't yet big enough to be pushed in a swing. And he definitely wasn't gnawing on a dirty rubber swing.


And he most certainly wasn't doing this:


Where has my little boy gone? I swear, trouble is approaching.

He'll be crawling soon. And walking. And talking. And one day, he'll be telling me he hates my guts and that I'm the worst mom ever.

We haven't even started baby proofing the house. Oh dear.

There are so many things I look forward to. Milestones and experiences I know I will pack away in my head forever.

There will be vacations and sports, homework and school field days, visits from the tooth fairy and birthday parties. Christmas mornings, oh I can't wait.  

And mud, boy will there by mud! And probably even broken bones.

I know those days will be super fun. Of course they will be.

But, for now, can life please just stop?

I want to enjoy it. And wrap myself in it. So I can savor every precious moment with my changing boy.


0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...