Yep, you heard right, my dog has really bad allergies and can only eat certain kinds of food. The main ingredient he can't have is rice, which happens to be a popular ingredient in dog grub. He also requires shots a couple times a month. I swear, he's like an 80-year old diabetic. But I guess he's worth it. :)
We normally order his L.I.D (Limited Ingredient Diet) food online from Petco because it's cheaper than buying in stores due to the 15% cashback reward the store offers on my Discover card. Some of the L.I.D. food brands are ridiculously priced for dog food, but luckily, I found a brand at Petco that is more reasonable (and still safe) than the prescription foods. Can you believe it? There are some dog foods out there you have to have a prescription for.
Well, we forgot to order more food online and ran out so I was forced to make a trip to the store. I tried Petsmart first thinking they might have this particular brand, and since it's closest to our house and where we normally go. No dice.
So I headed farther south to Petco because I knew they would have it. And let me tell you, it was so worth the trip!
I was welcomed by a doggie treat bar and rawhide bar. It was so funny! You just pick up a little baggie and fill it with all different kinds of treats for your dog. Just like a salad bar.
In my mind, Petco trumps Petsmart. Yay for doggie bars.
As I was waiting for a lady to get out of the way of my photo, I thought to myself...
Hi there, it's ok if you stare, I'm just the crazy girl taking pictures in the store.
Hi there, it's ok if you stare, I'm just the crazy girl taking pictures in the store.
2 Comments:
This is awesome. I've never seen such a thing!!
I hadn't either! That's why I HAD to take pics and document my discovery!
Post a Comment