September 16, 2010

Finally!

OMGoodness. I am so excited!!

Trader Joe's is coming to KC! Not one, but two locations!! Ward Parkway mall and Leawood.

Unlike typical grocery stores, which may carry 50,000 items, Trader Joe's stocks about 4,000 items, 80% of it being its own brand.

Trader Joe's describes itself as "your neighborhood grocery store" or "your unique grocery store". Products sold include gourmet foods, organic foods, vegetarian food, unusual frozen foods, imported foods, domestic and imported wine and beer (where local law permits), "alternative" food items, and staples like bread, cereal, eggs, dairy, coffee and produce. Non-food items include personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, plants, and flowers.

I have heard about this place from numerous peeps for a long while now. Soon, I can experience it for myself. What a great day!

Now if we could just get an H&M...

Trader Joe's Coming to KC

4 Comments:

Callie said...

Yay!! My friend Emily and I were JUST talking about Trader Joe's on Monday and we didn't know this! This is AWESOME!

Megan said...

I'm pumped for Trader Joe's too! We had one in Chicago and my brother has one in St. Louis, it was time for KC to get its own location.

heather said...

I saw this yesterday too! Very excited. And I agree with you about H&M. I'm going to add IKEA to that list as well.

kkbaum said...

So glad you guys are getting at TJ's! You are going to LOVE it! And it probably won't be as crazy as here in NYC where they literally have "one in, one out" because the line to check-out is so long!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...