This is what greeted me when I pulled into the driveway:
Brian on a very tall ladder and the entire chimney pretty much ripped to pieces. What do I call this? Oh, only another project he has gotten himself in to.
Just so you know, this is typical behavior for my husband. It doesn't really surprise me anymore. He will find something that needs repaired, or just something he thinks needs a change, and just go at it right away. No need to think about how he will put it back together or if he even has the time to complete it. Hence, the tons of other projects he has started that are not finished in our home.
He thinks it's really funny to start these projects when I am out of town so I can't talk him out of them.
Seriously. He is up to his ears with home improvement projects.
This one just happens to be on the exterior, where it is entirely visible to everyone that goes by our house, including our neighbors. So this little project has to be completed in a timely manner.
He is convinced it will be done by the end of the Labor Day weekend, which means end of day Monday. We have initiated a little bet.
If he completes the project by Monday (paint included), he gets a new driver (golf club). He has wanted one for a really long time.
If he doesn't complete it, I get a new point and shoot digital camera (a smaller one that is more than 5 pixels). Yes, my old one is 5 pixels. Does that give you any idea as to when I purchased this? A LONG time ago. Luckily, I have my big camera as my main source of documentation.
We'll just have to see who wins the bet. I think he's absolutely nuts. Our neighbors do as well. One of them asked, "Are you doing this all by yourself?" Brian responded, "Yep." Next, they asked, "Do you know what you're doing?"
I'm confident in the hubs, but only time will tell. I have a feeling I might be impressed with his skills.
Demolition. Taking out all the wood-rotted pieces.
Installing new pieces.
4 Comments:
So...who won the bet?
Right on brotha - I too am dumb enough to start any project!
Well??? I am so curious to know! :)
Driver... or camera... what's the outcome?!?
Post a Comment