They might have been really comfortable couches, but I just couldn't see the room coming together if they were included in my Young House Love inspired mood board (sorry hubs).
Well, I have finally caught up with my crazy life this week and have photos and details to share with you all!
For starters, when I began this random blog almost a year ago, I never thought Keeping Up with the Kutters would be a space I would share home improvement projects. Not because I don't have anything to share with people, simply because we haven't achieved any home improvement-worthy projects.
We haven't conquered a kitchen remodel or knocked out a wall. Heck, we haven't even completed a tile job. YHL would most definitely laugh at our amateur upgrades.
But, I realized after reading many of the blogs I follow, a project doesn't have to be significant in order to share it. It surprised me how the smallest of projects would keep me engaged, give me inspiration. Seeing the way others displayed decor, the arrangement of pieces, combinations of colors.
So peeps, I might be sharing some of our past (and future) home improvement projects with you. Don't expect originality or anything close to greatness, but someone might enjoy it.
In all honesty, isn't that what us bloggers hope for anyways? We plan, think, compile and write, and then we hope that someone out there gets something out of it. It's sort of like taking a shot in the dark and hoping you hit something. Right? Why else would we take the time out of our busy lives to do this?
Wow, my mind is totally wandering now. I'll save this thought for later and get back on track. :)
Without further adieu, I present our new basement.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
We can't believe how much bigger our house feels now that this space is complete! Brian is loving that we both can comfortably lay down with room to spare.
Couch: Choices by Jonathan Louis from Nebraska Furniture Mart
This couch is awesome! I can't say enough great things about it. With the awkward size of the room coupled with our desire of getting a sectional couch, we were really worried about finding something that would work. The Choices collection allowed us to mix and match pieces to fit our room perfectly. Offering 13 different ways to build a sectional, it's like having a custom sized couch! Plus, it comes with custom pillows of your choice.
Rug: New Wave by Momeni from NFM
Two words. Love it.
Ottoman Cubes: [No particular brand name, just awesomeness] from Target
This room wasn't equipped to have a coffee table, too small, so I searched far and between for these bad boys to take its place. Crate and Barrel, Home Goods, Pier1, Kohl's, Bed, Bath & Beyond, you name it. Nothing compared to the ones I ordered online from Target when it came to quality and look. Plus, these have a nifty tray on the backside of the lid, making the piece multi-functional: coffee table, foot rest and storage. Thanks to Target's free shipping on $50 orders, no added expense and delivered to my doorstep!
Yellow Vases: from NFM
K Art: Hobby Lobby, $5.
Tower Vase and Stems: from Pier1
This item was a must to cover up our the electrical outlet and cord. I love how it looks in the room.
Framed Art: from Michael's
I originally
Funky Mirror: HomeGoods
I love this mirror. And it was only $25. It goes great with the vase and stems, adding a metallic element to the room.
And that completes the tour of our new basement!
Signing off for a date with the DVR, sprawled out on the new couch.










7 Comments:
Krista- this looks AMAZING! I love it...I love the paint color too, I think that really changed it up! The rug is one of my favs :) Great job!!!!
Keep these coming- I love any and all home decor/improvement posts!
It looks REALLY good! Enjoy your new space!
That looks really fabulous! I love the color!
any house project can be seen as "improvement" :) as you know, i think the room looks awesome!! still loving the mirror and 3 frame artwork.
Looks awesome and I LOVE that mirror! Nice work :) Also thanks for the camera advice.
LOVE LOVE LOVE! It looks so good! I especially heart the yellow vases and K picture. Too cute!
I have a before and after coming of our living room as soon as my new rug gets here!!
Oh my goodness...I LOVE IT! I love it so much, I saved it to my "Home Stuff I Love" folder on my Mac. ;)
Post a Comment