January 16, 2011

Walks - A - Hatch - E

Weird title, I know. But it's the only way I could remember to correctly pronounce the name of the town we traveled to last weekend for my cousin's wedding.

Waxahaxie, TX. About 30 miles south of Dallas. Not gonna lie, I wasn’t too excited about making the 9 hour one-way trip in the car. Flying would have solved this little problem, but we opted for driving.

I was thrilled to see my family and some cousins I rarely see, but I would have loved to explore Dallas, being right outside of the City. But let's get things straight, I wasn't there for myself, I was there to celebrate my favorite cousin's marriage to a sweet southern belle. It is apparent she is southern from her deep southern accent, I love it!

I couldn’t have asked for a better family road trip. We laughed, reminisced, ate way too much, drank too much, came with our dancing shoes on, stayed up late talking about old times, and had a damn good time.  

Here’s some highlights:

Spending way too much time driving around to find a bar and ending up at Chili’s. Yes, Chili’s. We chose beer over Presidente margaritas and somehow left with an insanely cheap bar tab. Our check was obviously wrong, but we didn’t say anything. We decided the bartender had a thing for my cousin Drew.

Eating at Pappasito’s in Dallas. Yummy Mexican food. Pappasito's Salsa = some of the best I’ve ever had.

Harassing the DJ with my cousin Kati. This was right after my brother informed me that she and I are the two biggest drama queens in the family. Thanks bubba. We’ll take that as a compliment:). Well, “Your DJ” (that was his company name, real original right?) was clearing the dance floor with the chicken dance and we wanted to hear Like a G6.

Chick-Fil-A. Right next to our hotel. Score!

Two words. Fat Daddy’s. That’s the name of the bar we found the second night. A definite improvement from the Chili’s and $2 big beers!

The wedding. The white dress. The beautiful catholic church. The vows. The first dance. What can I say? I’m a sucker for weddings.

The Grand March. Has anyone ever done this at a wedding before? I was a first timer and I am still uncertain of how I feel about it. It was a mix between london bridges, cotton-eyed Joe and absolute insanity:).

Somehow, Your DJ was able to convince every.single.person to join in. Correction: They wouldn’t start the The Grand March until every single person was out in the lobby lined up and ready to start (including little old grannies who probably shouldn’t have been doing this craziness). Apparently, it’s a “south” thing. Don't worry, we made it fun, but I’d prefer to stick to my “midwest” roots and the Cupid Shuffle. Thank you.

Here’s some pics. Enjoy!

Up bright and early and on the road.
Pappasito's! Thanks for the recommendation Cal! 


 Headed to the rehearsal dinner
 Me and Kati.
 Favorite cousins. We all grew up together in California and caused all sorts of trouble when we were kids.
Ryan and Amy
 Me and Drew. In the hotel lobby, taking a pic.




 Mom & Pops


 Oh yeah. It's not every day you catch a jayhawk wearing a KSU jacket. She was cold, lol.
The Newlyweds. Derek and Rebecca.





At Fat Daddy's. My cousin Mary.

  Meet Brian's late night friend, water.
 My cousins Brian and Brandi

2 Comments:

Callie said...

The Grand March: at every single GB wedding. Not kidding. I have no idea who started that crazy tradition, but it needs to stop. Here's a future recommendation... grab a bottle of wine (or champagne) and carry it with you the entire time taking swigs. It makes it way more fun :)

Gina's Blog said...

Bahaha....you didn't enjoy the Grand March?!? Cal's right- every single GB wedding it is done but pass the bottle makes it a little more enjoyable. However, there will be no grand march at mine! Your pics were great...we all need to do drinks soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...